The uterus is an amazing organ designed for movement. It pulsates when we feel joy, love, or excitement. It moves during periods, while growing babies and when orgasm.
This movement should be smooth and free of pain, even enjoyable. But unfortunately, most of us feel very disconnected from our bodies and our wombs have become a place to keep tension and lots of emotions, making this rhythm uncomfortable or even painful.
WHAT IS MIZAN THERAPY THEN?
Mizan is an Arabic word meaning “balance”. By using traditional reproductive healing techniques Mizan therapy seeks to address conditions involving the reproductive system, the digestive system, and the emotional balance.
Mizan Therapy uses traditional reproductive healing techniques to gently guide the pelvic organs back into their place. When the womb is in her optimum position, she no longer restricts the circulatory flow of blood, lymph, nerves, and qi (chi) energy. Mizan Therapy assists the body in restoring its natural balance.
The Mizan bodywork is a deep but gentle and relaxing, non-invasive external massage, that strengthens the abdomen and pelvis, works with the fascia and tight muscles and releases tension and anxiety in the area, it facilitates the internal organs to move to their balanced position for optimal health.
MIZAN CAN HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:
- Painful periods
- Heavy or scant periods
- Irregular menstrual cycle and ovulation
- Dark thick clots at the beginning or end of your period
- PMS, PTS, depression
- Painful ovulation
- Unsuccessful ovulation
- Digestive and elimination problems
- Fertility problems
- Pelvic congestion and pain
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Low energy
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies, and premature births
- Painful intercourse
- Crohn´s disease
- Chronic constipation
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus and/or bladder
- Bladder or yeast infection
- Headaches and migraines
- Menopause/peri-menopause adjustments or discomfort
- Low backache
- Urinary system problems
- Pregnancy and postnatal health
- Emotional and sexual trauma
BENEFITS OF MIZAN THERAPY:
- Mizan increases the circulation to reproductive organs, i.e the uterus, the ovaries, and the fallopian tubes, which helps to promote hormonal balance.
- Cleanses the body of any toxic build-up from congested circulatory systems.
- Aids the digestive system to be more efficient which then removes and prevents toxic build-up in the body and enhances the immune system.
- It helps to reposition a misaligned uterus, which itself helps to increase the circulation of blood, lymph, nervous system, and QI.
- Helps to break down scar tissue and adhesions
- It helps women to connect with their womb space, experience more connection with their bodies, and have a positive experience of their menstrual cycles.
What can I expect from a Mizan treatment?
A Mizan treatment is an hour massage, focusing on releasing tension in the abdomen, pelvis and lower back. Enabling the body to return to its natural balance.
Before the massage, we will have an in deep consultation where we go through your health profile, looking at what symptoms you are experiencing, any past or present health issue, your diet and lifestyle. together, we will then create a bespoke self care routine, so you have the tools to support yourself through your healing journey.
How long will a session take?
Our first session together will last around 2 and a half hours.
On following sessions, we will have a quick recap of the self care routine and check in with you how things have been progressing since your last treatment. This will last around 1 and a half hour.
Why is the first session longer?
The first session is usually around 2 and a half hours because I will explain you how to introduce the self care plan in your daily routine, I will teach you self care massage and other techniques to support your health. This techniques may include vaginal steaming, castor oil packs, herbs and massage oils, diet adjustments, breathing techniques…
Can I have a Mizan treatment during my period?
During the days you are bleeding I can do “warm hands” but no deep work on the uterus will be performed. At this time your uterus is working to release endometrium and is also a time of natural detox for women, the release is both physical and emotional, this is why only “warm hands” over your uterus can be done now.
How many sessions will I need?
The number of sessions needed always depends on your own healing journey and it is different for everyone. However, you are most likely to start feeling changes in your body from the first session.
Will I need to take my clothes off?
You do not necessary need to take your clothes off, it is up to you. You can take them off and be massaged under a cotton sheet or directly on your skin, whatever makes you feel safe and comfortable is always best.
The area of the body where I will be working is from your pubic bone up to your rib cage and inguinal area in the front and from the sacrum to the thoracic vertebrae in the back, your legs and buttocks.
What type of clothes should I wear?
I would recommend to wear comfortable loose clothes so you can relax without feeling any tightness or getting marks on your skin.
How often will I need Mizan?
How often I will be seeing you depends on your own preferences and also your budget (check the saving packages for this). This is something we can discuss personally and adjust to your individual needs.