DURING BIRHT OUR CHOICES HAVE TO BE RESPECTED AND OUR NEEDS MEET.
You will always remember every single one of your birth experiences, how you feel during that time IS IMPORTANT.
Whatever the circumstances, love, compassion, autonomy and informed choice should be part of our memories.
YOUR BIRTH IS YOURS!!
BIRTH, TOGETHER WITH CONCEPTION, CAN BE ONE OF THE MOST INTIMATE MOMENTS IN LIFE.
SOMEHOW, IT CAN EVEN BE SACRED.
You are embarked in the amazing journey of growing a baby. This can be a precious time to get educated, to improve your self care routines and connect with your changing body.
Do you feel this is the right time to get informed and explore all the options that may present to you during birth?
I can support you through this process of learning and explore what YOU want for YOUR BIRTH.
Would you like to learn how to relax? Would you like to understand how the environment affects hormones? Are you ready to listen to your body and follow your instincts?
Learn how to use movement, breathing, touching and other comfort measures and gain autonomy over your birth experience.
How can I support you during pregnancy:
- We can explore together your “ideal birth” scenario, explore what kind of support you want to have, organize your birth support team.
- Assistance with the birth preferences, write the “birth plan”
- Provide evidence based information to support your decision making and choices.
- Informed choice and decision making simulation in different scenarios so you feel confident advocating for yourself, very useful for birth partners too.
- Active birth and pain management workshop.
- Understand the physiology of birth and how to promote hormones by creating a safe and private environment.
- Encourage you to trust your body and your instincts.
- Emotional support.
- Blessingway ceremony.
- Hospital appointment companionship.
“Whenever and however you give birth, your experience will impact your emotions, your mind, your body and your spirit for the rest of your life.”
Ina May Gaskin
As an antenatal and birth doula, I offer bespoke and continuous physical, emotional and informational support so you feel confident and in charge of your own birth experience.
I believe we know what is best for us and we can make the right choices when we have all the evidence based and unbiased information, and the right support. We definitely know what works better for us and our families. I believe we have immense wisdom regarding our own bodies and that we will have better access to all that knowledge when we feel supported, safe and loved.
My approach as a doula is holistic and focus on the pregnant person and their affective network, keeping in mind the emotional and physical aspects of birth and families background and spirituality.
What can I do as your doula?
- We will meet a number of times to get to know one another, build up a strong birth team and explore your feelings and preferences around pregnancy, birth and parenting.
- I will provide you unbiased, evidence based and updated information, encouraging you to trust your instincts and your body, so you can decide what is right for you in your own circumstances.
- I will support and advocate, if needed, for your choices without any judgement at all times. Providing birth plan support and templates.
- I will help you and your partner(s) to prepare for the birth experience, physically, mentally and emotionally. Providing practical information and tools to ease any discomfort and help your partner(s) to feel confident while they support you during labour and birth.
- I would use yoga and breathing techniques, massage, relaxation, aromatherapy and herbal remedies to support you during pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period. We will explore birth positions and comfort measures during labour too.
- I will help you to create your birth environment, wherever birth happens, and maintain it as private as you wish. I would also facilitate communication with the care provider team to avoid disturbance if that is what you want.
- During birth I will be there to take care of the practical things: make tea, bring food and snacks, making sure you are hydrated at all times… basically keep an eye on the little details that will make you and your partner(s) comfortable.
- After birth I will stay until you are all settled and peacefully resting. I will care your family during the first moments with your baby so you only need to focus on yourselves and enjoy the oxytocin.
- I can provide information and resources for a better understanding of baby care and all the adjustments that will probably take place.
- I will support you and your family during the early postnatal period. I will listen to your birth story, helping you to settle all the energies and emotions that the birth experience has moved.
- I will always remind you HOW POWERFUL YOU ARE!